Monday, March 25, 2013

Interesting books

 One of the things i've been doing is to catch up on my reading. I've never been interested in any Stephen King novels because i'm not into horror or fantasy. But 11.22.63 caught my eye. It's a story about ho an English teacher went back to the past to prevent the Kennedy assassination which occurred on 22 Nov 1963. It's really unputdownable and I love it!

Once I finished it, I was raring for another Stephen King's novel and Under the Dome caught my eye. This super thick novel is 1072 pages thick (goodness me) and I thought I will enjoy it. If you love Lord of the Flies (not Lord of the Rings hoh), then perhaps you might enjoy this book, but I don't like a book that is "hai lai hai kee". Hokkien for "constantly causing harm to one another". So I speed read  this book just to see how it ends.


I just finished reading Tina Fey's Bossypants and it was light hearted and  funny. A relief from the heavy read that is Under the Dome. I'm now going into "French Children Don't Throw Food". Reallly mehh???? This I gotta see!!

No comments: