Thursday, January 10, 2013

Peanut's first week of Kindy

Today marks day 7 since Peanut began her new school life. Truth is, I LOVE sending her to school. I'm probably gonna get  tired of it later but for now, I'm really relishing every moment of it. I feel so...motherly.

School so far, has its ups and downs for her. She cried more and more each day wtf. Seriously, shouldn't it be the other way round?? I still hung around at her school for day 2 and 3, as the classes are only 2 hours then. During those few hours, I hung around with other parents /grandparents just like me. i.e. The paranoid-cannot-let-go type and got to know them a little bit better.  And realised..we're the same after all. :)  Yes, it's pretty hard for me to let go, because I have never left her alone with strangers for hours. So as I did my mommarazzi duties at school, I tried to stay away from her view, so that she'll get used to the fact that I'm NOT going to be there all the time. She tried to stay strong in the class, but when she saw other kids crying and wailing, she started to waver.. her eyes became really watery..her lips trembled..and finally she cried and  begged me to stay with her. Alamak...so kesian, and hence i flew to her side. Every night before school, i will try to make school sound as much fun as possible. Trying to psycho her so that she'll look forward to it. Does it work? I don't know, and I don't think so because she still whine each day.


Day 4 onwards, parents are no longer allowed to stay in the school compound and school hours are back to regular programming. Day 4 was the toughest because she knew I was not going to hang around anymore. She begged and begged for me to stay, and kept repeating "but i'm going to miss you" over and over again. Oh well..this time, I just drop and ciao!! Not like I have an option also as I need to get my butt off to work.  I could hear her screaming (shrieking more like it) and kicking and thrashing (I heard tables and chairs moving, and things falling down O_O ) when i left and the teacher was trying to hold her down. The teacher later apologised for leaving red marks on Peanut's arms  because she was holding Peanut too tightly to prevent her from trashing about. Gosh..think Peanut is one strong kid. I know she can be really strong because I have problems in holding her down too when she wants her way. And the poor teacher is very skinny and I'm obviously much bigger than her!  She (the teacher, not Peanut) must have been traumatised. But I guess it went well because Peanut later called me after school and  said she had fun! and she can't wait to get to school the next day. These words are not to be taken seriously as i have learned because the same process (crying and whining and the "i miss yous" ) happened again the next day, and the next. T T. I'm just thankful there are many teachers around to hold and comfort and play with her when i leave for work. There's one day when i saw her hugging a teacher tightly and sobbing as I quickly run out of the door. I'm secretly happy though that she allowed the teachers to touch her and that she'll speak to them, because this would never happened prior to school!!!!

Today is Day 7 and as usual I just drop her and go within a few minutes. There's still a little bit of crying, but it's no longer as loud and dramatic, and it stopped within minutes after I left the school.  (me thinks she's just putting a show to make me feel guilty for going to work). I think she's beginning to like her class teacher because last night, she made a drawing for her teacher, put it in a huge envelope and said she wanna give it to her today. Aww...So hopefully, by next week, she will stop crying once and for all! Hurrah!



1 comment:

Cynful Pleasure said...

hi 5 mummy!! I'm in the same boat with you! Only manage to get her wave goodbye with no tears this morning..