Tuesday, January 26, 2010

it's good to bring baby out

Well, besides the obvious bonding that you'll do with your baby when you're out, there are quite a few benefits that i've received when i'm out wif Peanut:

  • You get to park at the 'family parking' designated spot so you don't have to lug all your baby stuff from one end of the parking to the entrace
  • You get to go into those so-called uppity, a bit higher class boutiques and you don't have to worry about them staring at you up and down cos they'll focus on your baby. I've seen stone faced-nose-in-air salespersons instantly smile and making googly eyes at Peanut while i look through the clothes or whatever is in the store quickly before getting out of the store. And salespersons are generally friendlier and nicer when you have a baby with you. I swear.
  • You get to enter the plane first, need i say more? and stewardesses are nicer to you too.
  • Our kitchen contractor gave us a box of cake cos we had Peanut with us when we went to their store. I know she can't eat it but who cares?? WE get to eat it! lol
  • People in general, and I mean strangers that you meet outside, are naturally friendlier, and smile at you more often than when you're alone.
  • I am not good at making small talks, and neither do i like doing it but having a baby helps u to make "small talking" much easier. You can discuss about your baby's sleeping hours, their milestones, type of solids you're giving to your baby, basically anything and everything la, just to kill that awkward silence. And even if they're single, it still helps IF they're the one asking you questions, and you can just answer without even having to think.
  • But please do not bore your single friends with talks about your baby cos no one needs to know how many times ur baby poos in a day. I generally do not talk about Peanut with my single friends unless they asked me first.

That's all for now. Brain cells can't think. I'm getting more and more forgetful. The other day, I looked for a container to put an opened packet of sausages that is suppoesd to be refrigerated. And i kept it in the fridge. Or so I thought. A few days later, i wanted to cook fried rice, so i went to look for it in the fridge. And i couldn't find it. And guess where i found it? In a storage cupboard, together with other empty containers *_*

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

YES, I totally agree with you.. that's why I never leave my princess at home if I go kai kai.. cannot afford to lose the 'benefit'... muahahha... :D