Friday, November 16, 2012

Bad coughing

All my life, i have bad coughs on and off. And each coughs will last for a few weeks. I hate it when I get coughs because my coughs are damn loud as it comes from deep inside my chest,  and if i try to supress it, it will get worse as my throat will be damn itchy, which caused me to cough even more.

When I was 17-18  years old, I had this ongoing SERIOUS cough that went on continuously for a few months, my goodness. It will come for 2 to 3 weeks, then it'll stop for another 2 weeks. Then it'll start again for another 2 weeks, before stopping for another 2 weeks. It went on for a few months. Every month, my mum will bring me to this general practitioner who will let me breathe in the nebuliser, and they will give me tons of medications. And I was still coughing like mad. It got so bad that I had to stop going for classes each time because it was so disruptive. I will cough till my face went red, and I was sweating all over from the sheer exhasution of it.

Until one day, my mum enough is enough and decided to switch to another doctor. (i wonder why my mum didn't bring me for an xray or to the hospital, but it's probably good that she didn't..). Anyway, she brought me to this new doctor, and explained to him that I've been on lots of medications but it's still not helping. So, instead of giving me more cough mixture, this old doctor injected me with this miracle drug. And just like that, the next day, my coughs stopped!! Walao eh..i was so happy.  I have no idea what drug did he inject me with but it's truly a miracle drug for me because it managed to stop those horrid coughs, and the subsequent months after, NO MORE COUGHS. miracle anot. Till today, my mum still remember that injection and we always laugh about it, wondering what it was that he injected me with.

Today, I still have coughs on and off, maybe once or twice a year but it was no longer bad as it was during those months. At most it will last a maximum of 2 to 3 weeks.


No comments: