Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Penang, again

Two weekends ago, we went to Penang for a long weekend. My MIL went for a retreat with my FIL, so she won't be able to take care of Peanut. So me and DH took two days off from work and we decided to go there for a short getaway. And also, we need a break!

View from the Penang bridge. Unfortunately it was a bit cloudy when we arrived. Otherwise, it would have been gorgeous.


The next morning. Check out the blue skies. So nice..*sighs*

This street reminds me of Phuket and Pattaya. These sidewalks are filled with stalls at night.

Still jolly even though she was in the seat for close to 5 hours.


Overall, it was a great trip. Relaxing, fun, and very laid back. All we did was to eat, sleep, played in the pool and walked around the night market. And oh, we went to a mall too. I think Penang is one of my favorite states because it's surrounded by the sea. I love beaches! It gives me such a warm, nice happy feeling when I see one. We stayed at the Holiday Inn which is right next to the beach so that was great. And we ate tons of food. From orr-chien, to plates and plates of char kuay teow, cendols, asam laksa, you name it, we should have eaten it!


It was a great, manageable trip and I look forward to bringing her to more places in the future.

1 comment:

Leona said...

yea the more u bring her out the more u'd realise that it's not that hard after all! :P